Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Its only day 3?

Alright, let me first start out by saying that I really need to stop reading other peoples scary Accutane blogs. Not only do they freak me out beyond belief with the horrifying side effect stories (all the side effects PLUS more that I didn't mention in my previous blog..and I honestly think some of these people just made up horrible side effects to terrify me) but it makes me forget that every single person reacts differently to the drug.
For example, when I personally have a headache, or some sort of other pain or ailment (which come on, for anyone who knows me this is often..) I need to take 3 or 4 Advil or Tylenol, while some other people may only have to take one in order to feel relief. Another example of this would be how some people can use the medication Tums in order to ease stomach pains..but for me these chalky tablets just make my mouth dry for the next hour.

I am the type of person who is constantly on WebMD looking up new maladies, diseases, and infections that I may have acquired from the homeless man down the street or the elevator buttons in Brookdale. So when I began my research for Accutane I decided to go all out. I read every blog out there, every article, and ever possible item of information I could find. Some of the people who wrote never saw results from Accutane, and others had over night sensational miracle stories.

So where do I stand between these people? Will I be an overnight sensation like Justin Beiber or Sophia Grace and Rosie? Or a flop like Elliot Yamin (anyone remember him??)

Well let me give you all a little recap of whats been happening. The first thing I noticed after the first three days were how dry my eyes were. Now I am not an eye drops fiend like some other people I know, (hint hint you know who you are) I love the feeling of getting them put in and I giggle like a five year old but I dont go out of my way to use them. But my eyes have honestly never felt like this before. Its as if they have been open for hours without any tears or precipitation of any kind. So I just recently bought false tears which seem to have helped a lot.

The second thing I noticed was how my skin is now drinking up lotion like a runner would pound a water bottle after a 100 mile run with a giant bull mastiff chasing him/her . After applying any lotion or cream, anywhere on my body (hands, legs, knees, and face) within around 5 minutes it feels as if I had never even bothered to put it on in the first place. Now for all of you sweaty handed people out there this may seem like an answer to your prayers, but I happen to have perfectly conditioned hands which are always being complimented for their smoothness. So for me this is detrimental. But alas, I will survive. I have been using Cetaphil cream, and Johnson Lavender baby lotion which have both worked thus far. We will see if I have to change up the regimin.

The final main transformation is in my face of course. All the bumps, humps, bulges, and protuberances on my face have been going DOWN. Guys this is major. My skin is becoming a flat surface once again. How long have I waited for this moment? People have even already started to notice a change as well. My skin is no longer painful to the touch and I can put on lotion and face wash in a normal fashion without having to worry about making myself bleed.

Still to come: my hair is becoming less oily, my face more matte, and my body as a whole less buttery after a workout. Also still to come, the constant joint and muscle pains that are starting to begin.

I will keep you all posted!

1 comment:

  1. yay for false tears! and skin recovery! and elliot yamin! hope you bought refresh tears

    ReplyDelete