Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

YOUR skin.

I think that one of the hardest parts of this entire process is how the medication procedure is so slow moving. In todays world everyone is looking for the quick fix: how to lose weight FAST, how to get some place FAST, how to do work FAST and so on. Because of this fast paced mindset that we are now living in, its hard to have to wait around for months on end for something to change.
This week has been the first time that I have even seen the slightest bit of change from the gel tempering medication I have been using.

Its hard to see such a real difference because of how dry my skin is (think sandpaper meets toast) but lately my face has been more readily soaking up the lotions and becoming less and less red which is absolutely fantastic. And if I've learned anything already from this process its to be patient.

Like they say "Rome was not built in a day" so to, my face isn't just going to clear up over night. So for now I have to stick to my daily routine of washing with only Cetaphil (**if anyone is actually thinking about changing face wash, men and women alike, this stuff is amazing, its gentle and has tons of moisturizers in it that make dry skin disappear within a week of starting to use it, its really been a life savor.) and smothering myself with every face cream under the sun. I have even resorted to the thickest of all night lotions to leave on as a face mask, when I go to sleep at night I feel similar to how I would imagine a mummy would feel wrapped in layers and layers of fabric.

Well since we are on the subject of facial care I may as well give you all some friendly advice on how to better take care of your skin so you never end up in my shoes (not to say that I did not take care of my skin...bad genes.)

-When washing your face, make sure you massage the wash into your face for 20-40 seconds (20 seconds for scrubs and around 40 for regular cream or gel face wash) so all the dirt, oil, and makeup washes off.

-Make sure to wash your face not only before you go to sleep, but also when you wake up because oil accumulates over night, also I find that when you wake up and wash your face right away it invigorates you like the people in the face wash commercials...
See..doesn't she look awake and ready for a hard day of work, school, or really anything?

-Put on facial moisturizer EVERY SINGLE TIME you wash your face. Yes, you to boys! Its so important to keep your skin moisturized (especially in your teenage years because dry skin wrinkles!) 

-Use a facial scrub at least once or twice a week to buff away all the dry skin flakes.

-USE SUNSCREEN!! I honestly cannot express this enough..I have a friend who will remain anonymous who decided it would be a fantastic idea to go to a beach and not put on sunscreen. What happened to this friend? She got perhaps what I would call the worst sunburn I have ever seen..her skin turned into scales that can only be described as mermaid like, and didn't go away for months..in fact I believe she still has a scar from this burn. So dont be like that and put on sunscreen whenever you plan on spending an extended amount of time outside.

-If you feel as though your dry skin (if you have it) is moving to your lips as well and they are flakey and parched. Take an unused toothbrush and gently scrub your lips with the soft bristles back and forth, then apply a lip treatment such as Aquaphor or simply Vaseline overnight and wake up with soft and lovely lips.  

If you follow all of these easy steps..your skin will personally thank me later in the form of being clean, clear, and under control (obviously thats the slogan for clean and clear..)

Anyways...as of now I will be beginning my dosage this weekend after a lengthy check up appointment this Friday, this means that all the horrible, scary, and terrifying side effects will begin to take effect. 

And I also just wanted to take a minute to thank all my incredible amazing friends who are constantly asking me when I will be posting next, and how for supportive they are all being. You are all amazing.


2 comments:

  1. sucks for that friend with the bad sunburn!! nom nom nom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm...we expected a better shoutout

    ReplyDelete